If you are looking for a thoughtful hostess gift or a gift for the home (i.e. “couples gift”), look no further. I’ve scoured the stores so you don’t have to. Here is a round-up of my favorite home and hostess gifts at every price point. Happy shopping and happy holidays!
Home & Hostess Gifts
- Anthropologie Fleur-de-Lys Tumblers. These tinted glass tumblers look like vintage heirlooms that have been passed down through generations. Luckily for you, they are just a click away. Available in three different hues. (I’m rather partial to the green.) At less than $10 each, you can give the lucky giftee a complete set. How thoughtful of you! $8.
- Anthropologie Marble Cheese Board. This is as glam as a cheese board gets. Pretty brass inlay adds serious glitz to this white marble cheese board. If your friend doesn’t like cheese (WHAT?!), just call it a serving board. Perfect for the hostess with the most-est or the girly gourmand in your life. (For more girly gift ideas, head over to my girly gift guide.) $38.
- West Elm Cheese Knives Set. A set of three ridiculously good looking brass and marble cheese knives. Coordinate with a friend and give this along with the marble cheese board. Also makes a great “couples” gift. $39.
- West Elm Stone Coaster Set. Wondering what the heck to give your office Secret Santa whose name you barely know? Or maybe you want to bring a little something along with a bottle to the holiday party of a friend of a friend. Well, these 4 white marble coasters will do the trick. They are carved into hexagons for some visual interest and feel surprisingly substantial given the price. Works for ladies or gents too. Win! $24.
- Waterford “Lismore” Crystal Vase. This pretty crystal vase is the perfect addition to any home thanks to a design that is both timeless and modern. I’m a huge fan of crystal (use it often and everywhere!), and this sweet 7″ vase will look gorgeous on a vanity, night table, or in any smaller space. $100.
- West Elm Basket Weave Throw. These chunky knit, hand-stitched throw blankets are extra soft and snuggly. Finished with tassels, they look good too. Available in yellow or charcoal grey. $59 (on sale). (Side note: There are a lot of good finds from West Elm, as you can see from my picks. I like to mix things up usually but didn’t realize how many gifts came from this store until I started typing this up. Whoops!)
- Anthropologie Tufted Throw. I know – another blanket. (I couldn’t help myself!) My mantra is definitely “more” when it comes to throws (the better to snuggle you with, my dear), so I put 2 on my list. This blanket is soft, cozy, and super fun thanks to poms and tassels. It’s so cute, you may want one too. $118.
- Nest Holiday Candle. I can’t imagine decking the halls or feeling merry and bright without this candle. Seriously. Use it once and it will become part of your holiday tradition forever. It smells like everything that makes this “the most wonderful time of the year,” but isn’t overbearing or artificial. (Apparently, it has “notes of pomegranate, Mandarin orange, pine, and clove combined with cinnamon, vanilla, and amber.” Right?!) Just trust me on this one. Everyone needs to experience this candle. (Yes, it is an experience. 😉 ) Worth every penny. (Update: I had to change the link because it sold out at Nordstrom. Total validation!) $40.
- Le Creuset Mini Round Cocotte. These adorable stoneware dishes and matching, fitted lids are equal parts durable and stylish. They are perfect for serving individual pots of just about anything — think soups (hello cheesy onion soup!), pot pies, pasta (mac and cheese!), desserts, etc. Available in a range of colors. Currently on sale! $26 each.
- Baccarat “Harmonie” Crystal Ice Bucket. For the giver with a “give big or go home” mentality. This crystal ice bucket is etched with clean, vertical lines and finished with a stainless steel handle. A stunning gift for the party-thrower in your life. $770. (If you have your heart set on giving an elegant crystal ice bucket but want to spend less, take a look at Waterford’s “Lismore” Ice Bucket for $375.)
- 8 Oak Lane’s Buffalo Check Mug Tower. A fun, festive gift perfect for sipping hot chocolate (or hot toddies) with friends. Each of the 4 mugs is clad in a unique preppy plaid design and has a cute saying printed on the inside. When you’re finished, tuck them away in their very own wire rack. As a bonus, it will give your kitchen serious Vermont B&B vibes. Love! $50.
- Slant Collections Mermaid Tail Bottle Stopper. Bring a little whimsy to the party with this fun bottle stopper topped with – you guessed it – a shiny mermaid’s tail! When one bottle won’t be enough (it never is!) try other fun variations like this cactus-topped stopper and festive bow stopper. $16-$18.
- Slim Aarons: Once Upon a Time. A beautiful coffee table book perfect for the prepster in your life. This hardback book features over 250 stunning “lifestyle” society photos captured by renowned photographer Slim Aarons in the 1950s, 60s, and 70s. Major #lifegoals inspiration. $50.
Shop All Home and Hostess Gifts!
More holiday shopping to do? Check out my other gift guides and cross everyone off your list.